There are different ways to find your product key depending upon your situation. The best way is to get it from your Norton account.
In most cases, you do not need the product key to update your Norton subscription. If your Norton product is expired or shows incorrect subscription days, then you may need to download the product from your account which has the current subscription.
Download and install your Norton product
- Go to norton.com/setup.
- If you are not signed in to Norton already, you will be prompted to sign in. Type in your email address and password for Norton, and click
- In the Setup window, click .
- Do one of the following depending on your browser:
- For Internet Explorer or Microsoft Edge browser: Click
- For Firefox or Safari: On the top-right corner of the browser, click the Download option to view the downloaded files, and click the file that you downloaded.
- For Chrome: On the bottom-left corner, click the file that you downloaded.
- If the User Account Control window appears, click .Follow the on-screen instructions.
- Your Norton product is now installed and activated.
How to find your product key
- You can find your product key based on how you obtained your Norton product. Choose one of the following:
- At the top of your Norton product window, click Norton account.Log in to your account, if prompted.
> .If you cannot start your Norton product, you can directly go to your
- Under Services, select your Norton product.
- Copy the product key.
- If you downloaded your product from Norton Online Store, the product key, or the instruction to obtain the product key is in your confirmation email message.
Product CD or Retailer’s card
- If you purchased a boxed product CD online or at a local retail store, your product key is inside the box either on a sticker on the back of the CD sleeve or DVD case, or printed on a card in the box.
- Look for the product key in a confirmation email you received for your order. If you cannot locate the confirmation email in your inbox, check your spam filter folder.
- If your Norton product came installed on your computer, check your My Documents or Documents folder to see if there is a Symantec folder. You may find a text file there with your product key (examples: Norton 360 Key.txt or Norton AntiVirus Key.txt).If your product came with a one year or longer subscription, you can contact your computer manufacturer to get your product key .Some computer manufacturers may provide the product key on an activation card.
- You may have an Activation PIN that you can get from your service provider to activate your product or
- You have to log in to your service provider portal to download and install your Norton product.
TechBench-Computer repair shop
- If your Norton product is purchased from TechBench, Norton product key will be stored in your Norton account after you complete the product activation. TechBench also provides a Norton product activation card or product CD which will have your Norton product key printed on it.
Published at Support Norton Blog